Good End 2023: When is it and how to prepare your ecommerceby Moises Hamui
El Buen Fin is an initiative that takes place every year in November, with the aim of reactivating the economy, boosting sales and offering benefits to consumers and merchants.
During the Good End, participating companies offer discounts, promotions and payment facilities on their products and services, both in physical stores and online.
Consumers take advantage of these dates to advance their Christmas purchases, save money and access better offers. El Buen Fin also promotes the use of electronic means of payment, innovation and competitiveness of companies, and financial inclusion
How does the Good End impact in Mexico?
The impact of the Good End in Mexico is as follows:
- The Good End causes a notable increase in sales in various sectors, such as commerce, services and tourism. For example, in 2021 it was estimated that sales during the Good End reached 191.9 billion pesos, which meant an increase of 9% compared to 20201.
- The Good End also helps anticipate Christmas shopping, which avoids crowds and better distributes consumer spending. According to a survey, half of the buyers took advantage of the Good End to buy gifts or items for the December holidays1.
- El Buen Fin promotes the use of electronic means of payment, such as credit or debit cards, bank transfers or digital platforms. This streamlines transactions, decreases the use of cash, and fosters financial inclusion. According to the same study, 60% of Internet users in Mexico bought a product or service during the Good End.
- The Good End stimulates the innovation and competitiveness of companies, especially small and medium-sized ones, which seek to offer quality products and services, with attractive prices and payment facilities. In addition, the Good End promotes the digitization and omnichannel of businesses, which combine physical and online sales to reach more customers. In fact, 70% of shoppers used both channels to purchase products and services.
- The Good End also has an environmental impact, since it generates an increase in the consumption of natural resources, energy and greenhouse gas emissions. For this reason, it is important that both consumers and retailers take measures to reduce their ecological footprint, such as buying local products, recycling or reusing packaging, using public transport or carpooling.
When is the Good End 2023?
El Buen Fin 2023 will take place from November 17 to 20 , so you still have time to prepare your e-commerce and get the most out of it.
Follow the following recommendations to prepare your digital business properly and thus sell beyond your expectations.
How to prepare your ecommerce for the Good End 2023?
If you have an ecommerce or want to create one, it is important that you prepare in advance to make the most of this event.
Here we give you some tips so that your ecommerce is ready for the Good End 2023:
- Define your objectives and strategies : Before embarking on the adventure of the Good End, you must be clear about what you want to achieve with your e-commerce, what your sales goals are, what products you are going to offer, what discounts or benefits you are going to apply, how you are going to publicize your offer and how you will measure your results. So you can better plan your actions and optimize your resources.
- Optimize your website : Your e-commerce must be prepared to receive higher visitor traffic during the Good End, so you must make sure that it works correctly, that it is fast, secure, easy to navigate and compatible with mobile devices. You should also check that your catalog is up to date, that your images are of high quality, that your descriptions are clear and attractive, and that your prices are competitive.
- Offer a good shopping experience : To convert your visitors into customers, you must offer them a satisfactory shopping experience that generates trust and loyalty. To do this, you must facilitate the registration, payment and shipping process, offer various payment options, include clear exchange and return policies, provide efficient and personalized customer service , and request feedback and reviews from your buyers.
- Create a digital marketing campaign : To attract your target audience and generate sales during the Good End, you must design a digital marketing campaign that includes different channels and tools, such as social networks, email marketing, online advertising, SEO, valuable content , etc. You must segment your audience well, create creative and persuasive messages, offer incentives such as coupons or raffles, and measure the impact of your actions.
- Analyze your results and learn : After the Good End, you must take stock of your results and analyze what worked well and what can be improved. You can use tools such as Google Analytics or Facebook Insights to obtain data about the behavior of your visitors and customers, the performance of your website and your marketing campaigns. So you can identify your strengths and weaknesses, and apply the lessons learned for future occasions.
Written by Moises Hamui Abadi: I am an entrepreneur, founding partner of Viceversa and SoyMacho. After being in charge of several digital businesses and advising several other businesses; I decided to form MHA Consulting, a digital marketing consultancy dedicated to growing and empowering digital businesses in more than 7 countries and generating more than 1,500 million pesos.
If you want more information on this topic or you are looking for other options to profile your ideal client, at MHA you will find the solution you need. Schedule a call.