The importance of frequently asked questions on your website
As part of the customer service strategies, it is important to have a space in which the most common doubts or concerns that users present can be resolved.
You have probably resorted to the FAQ ( Frequently asked questions or Frequently Asked Questions) at some point during your visit to a website, do you remember what they are like and what structure they have?
In case you have not paid attention to these elements, here you will learn the importance of frequently asked questions on your website. Keep in mind that they are an important element in the development of any page, especially if it is a company or brand that offers products.
What are the FAQ or frequently asked questions?
Frequently asked questions are questions and concerns that a user may have before the possible purchase or acquisition of a product.
Efforts are made to answer these questions proactively, leaving aside any confusion that may arise. It seeks to answer the most common questions, which do not need, at first, accompaniment by a collaborator or chatbot .
What is a FAQ page?
The frequently asked questions page is a website that hosts the most common questions about a problem or product and its possible answer or solution.
In these sites, an attempt is made to cover key and relevant information so that users can resolve their concerns without major problems.
Although a page of this type requires less configuration (in terms of the technological part), it is true that they must be very strategic and relevant with their answers.
Do I need an FAQ page or section?
The answer is yes, of course it is necessary to create a FAQ page. The reason is that this can improve customer service strategies. In addition, it helps customers and the company save valuable time, since direct interaction is not required.
In the same way, a section of this type is vital to improve the user experience and increase their trust , which leads to various benefits such as improved engagement.
What should the FAQ page cover?
Initially, the FAQ page should cover and answer common concerns that customers have. Some general aspects that should be taken into account when creating this section are:
- Generate clear and concise answers. Customers will always appreciate that you offer the answer instantly without so much detour. You should avoid placing more information that can confuse users.
- Find out what the most frequently asked questions are. This can be done through inquiries or analysis of the issues that predominate in your different channels, such as social networks .
- Adopt a friendly personality in responses. There is nothing better than a concise and respectful answer. For this reason, it always tries to create a comfortable environment for the user to continue consulting the FAQ.
- Sort the FAQ by category. The order is essential in this section, as it will help users to immediately identify where the answer to their concern is. They can be categorized by product, topic, or process.
- Keep the section updated. It must be constantly maintained and updated as long as there are changes in the company, services, products and standards.
FAQs and SEO: Are they good?
Clear! FAQ pages have a good synergy with SEO . The reason is that instead of users looking for answers on other websites in search engines, they can find the resolution to their concern within the website itself.
In this sense, some considerations are recommended to design the FAQ page and improve SEO:
- Try to use friendly content (visually) with subheadings, bullet points and short paragraphs.
- You can use internal links to connect relevant articles.
- Conduct keyword research to understand what customers are searching for.
- Organize content by main topics and subtopics.
- Pay attention and attend to content that is out of date.
Frequently asked questions are an indispensable resource in strengthening a brand's community. In addition to improving engagement and SEO, FAQs save time and effort on the part of the company.
They also often improve the user experience, as users will be able to access the information they need at any time.
Written by Moises Hamui Abadi : I am an entrepreneur, founding partner of Viceversa and SoyMacho. After being in charge of several digital businesses and advising several other businesses; I decided to form MHA Consulting, a digital marketing consultancy dedicated to growing and empowering digital businesses in more than 7 countries and generating more than 1,500 million pesos.
If you want more information on this topic or you are looking for other options to profile your ideal client, at MHA you will find the solution you need. Schedule a call