Lead nurturing: what it is, benefits and how to apply it
Lead nurturing, whose translation into Spanish is “lead cultivation,” is a process of developing relationships with qualified prospects. Helps establish relationships between brands and consumers.
This relationship building is carried out at each level of inbound marketing, since in this process there is greater opportunity to convert customers and make them loyal to the brand .
Now, if you are wondering where the action of “cultivating” comes from, it is simple. If users or customers do not feel that a brand is investing in them, they will look for another that does. In this sense, users look for a brand to nourish and cultivate them (metaphorically) in order to be part of a brand and be loyal to it.
Similarly, we must not ignore the importance of lead nurturing. And it is made up of initiatives that promote brand awareness. Additionally, it helps establish trust among users, which is essential when it comes to analyzing consumer purchasing behaviors.
Advantages of lead nurturing
Lead nurturing has several advantages and benefits over other processes of this type. It is advisable to know them in order to identify the elements that may be useful to us, such as:
• Its application requires minimal effort.
• There is lead origin and supply.
• It is legal in the eyes of official regulations.
• Helps to quickly expand the database.
• Improves issuer deliverability and reputation scores.
• Denotes a greater degree of concern for privacy and belonging.
• Increases the ROI of marketing campaigns.
• User data is made the most of.
• The rejection and abandonment rate is considerably reduced.
• There is a high level of segmentation and personalization.
What is email nurturing?
Mail or email nurturing is, broadly speaking, a strategy based on sending emails to users who have the ideal customer profile of a brand. It can also be understood as the process of building a lasting relationship with potential customers through email.
In other scenarios, this practice is also known as email lead nurturing campaigns, since it involves building a solid nurturing campaign through this. channel, whose main purpose is to create greater awareness of the brand and the product that helps convert customers.
Difference between lead nurturing and lead scoring
As may have been observed previously, when we talk about lead nurturing, we are referring to a process in which relationships are established with potential users and clients. They do this by offering useful and quality content in marketing campaigns or actions.
For its part, lead scoring is a methodology in which the marketing and sales area works. Thanks to their work together, potential clients can be automatically classified based on certain traits. Some characteristics of this process are:
• There is greater participation from the sales team.
• Helps segment the database.
• It is an excellent complement that helps lead nurturing based on user interests.
• Facilitates the flow of potential customers towards the sale of the brand.
• Allows you to analyze the quality of the leads.
How to do lead nurturing in your company
If you want to learn how to implement lead nurturing in your company efficiently, we present 5 essential tips and strategies that will help you nurture your potential clients. Start interacting with your users and notice the benefits of this process.
1. Develop content marketing
There is nothing better for users and potential customers than receiving useful content. Likewise, you can use this content to create brand awareness and attract more people. It is worth mentioning that content marketing benefits other strategies and not just lead nurturing. Among the contents you can create are:
• Blog posts.
• Answer frequently asked questions.
• Instructional articles.
• Research reports.
Likewise, it is important not to leave aside the quality of the content, as this will strengthen the ties and relationships you wish to establish. If you want to know how to make quality content, we share the following tips:
• Create content plans.
• Focus on quality.
• Use keywords to find relevant or trending topics.
• Remember that you write for people, not robots.
• Share the content on other channels.
• Create content optimized for other search engines.
• Avoid grammatical errors.
There are many ways to create quality content. Find your own style and start generating content that is worthwhile for your brand's users.
2. Use email marketing
The reason for using this type of marketing is simple: it generates a higher ROI than any other digital marketing strategy. This is because your investment is much lower. Likewise, it allows it to be personalized through data and research into user behavior. Regarding this, email marketing can target customers based on the products they search for or browse, as well as the content they download.
To make an effective email, follow the following tips:
• Keep subject lines short.
• Add CTA or call to action.
• Make sure the message is concise.
• Make sure emails are mobile friendly.
• Leave the invitation open for users to respond or interact.
• Take time to write text that stands out at first glance.
By following these and other tips, you will be able to get the most out of email marketing.
3. Maintain an active image on social networks
Inside and outside the marketing spectrum, social platforms are an excellent channel to build relationships with your respective prospects; They are not called social networks for nothing. If you want to have an updated image in front of the audience, we recommend following the following tips:
• Update your content regularly.
• Upload the right content on the right social network.
• Interact with the audience.
• Take trends into account.
• Use tools that allow you to automate and improve processes.
• If your business requires it, you can open an account dedicated to customer service.
Social platforms are a great medium if used properly. We advise you to use the most popular social networks, such as Instagram, TikTok, Twitter or Facebook.
4. Take surveys
Surveys are essential to know and understand customer needs. When they answer what you want to know, it's time to make plans for how to get them to the end of the buyer's journey.
5. Align sales, marketing and customer service teams
In order to nurture customers efficiently, it is important to work together with other areas of the brand. Carrying out a synergy between the sales and customer service teams can generate hundreds of actionable data that can encourage, in the future, the design of new and successful campaigns.
In other words, the timely and effective collaboration of these teams will result in a better understanding of users, which will lead to obtaining better solutions to the problems that may arise.
Written by Moises Hamui Abadi : I am an entrepreneur, founding partner of Viceversa and SoyMacho. After leading several digital businesses and advising several other businesses; I decided to form MHA Consulting, a digital marketing consultancy dedicated to growing and enhancing digital businesses in more than 7 countries and generating more than 1,500 million pesos.