Facebook Carousel Ads: What is it and how does it work?
Did you know that with the Facebook carousel you can get double the clicks, engagement, generate greater sales and promote your products or services in an attractive way? So, stick with this post and take your ads to the next level.
What are Facebook carousel ads?
Facebook carousel ads, also called sequence ads, are an advertising format that allows you to promote your products or services through a series of images or videos , but in a more attractive and functional way.
That is, in a single ad you can show up to 10 images or videos , each of them with an independent link that takes the user to a specific page.
Also check out: What are attribution models?
What options do Facebook carousel ads offer me?
This type of ads allows you to achieve different objectives, such as the following:
Display multiple products
You can display a different product in each space and link it to a specific page.
Get more clicks
By offering users attractive and dynamic ads , you encourage greater interest in your brand or product, which means they will be more willing to learn more about you.
Highlight the features of a product
Make a detailed sample of your star product or service , you have enough space to show all its benefits and virtues.
Create interaction with your brand
You can apply storytelling techniques to create an ad that excites the viewer , telling a story through the sequence of images. Of course, your brand or product should always be visible.
Take your offers to another level
You can develop an entire attractive visual scheme for your promotions, plans, events, etc.
By having independent links per image or video, you have greater opportunities to meet your business objectives.
Also check out: The importance of brand identity
What requirements do I need to create a carousel ad on Facebook?
- Recommended aspect ratio: 1:1
- Number of images or videos: minimum 2 maximum 10
- Image format: jpg or png
- Maximum image weight: 30 MB
- Video format: Supported file formats
- Maximum video file weight: 4 GB
- Video length: up to 240 minutes
- Recommended resolution: 1080 x 1080 pixels minimum
- Ad title: maximum 25 characters
- Ad text: maximum 125 characters
- Link description: maximum 20 characters
- Landing Page URL: Required
How to create a Facebook carousel ad from your page?
To create a sequence ad from your page/fan page you must follow the following steps:
- On your Facebook page, look for the “Promote” option and click on it.
- Then click on “Get more visitors to the website”.
- Specify the URL you want to direct users to and click on your ad.
*If you want each image or section in the sequence to send users to a different URL, then edit the ad in Ads Manager.
- In the “Format” option, select Sequence.
*If you do not want the sections (cards) of the sequence to be sorted by performance, click to uncheck the box next to automatically display the cards with the best results first.
- Click “1” to upload your image and complete the details in the first section (card). You can also add descriptions and specific URLs to each of the images.
- Then repeat the previous step with “2” and “3” and click on the “+” symbol if you want to add more sections (cards) or, if applicable, click on “Delete” if you want to get rid of some.
- Locate the “Edit Image” section and click it to add filters, crop, rotate, add text, and add alt text.
- Add a title and text, and select a CTA (call to action) for each section or card.
- Complete the following fields “Public”, “Duration and budget” and “Payment”.
*If you installed a Facebook pixel on your website, you can activate or deactivate this option in “Conversion tracking”.
- If you want to preview the ad, click “Preview” and choose “Desktop News Feed,” “Mobile News Feed,” “Mobile Marketplace.”
- Finally, click “Promote” to publish the ad.
How many images can you put in a Facebook carousel?
A Facebook carousel allows you to display up to ten images or videos in a single ad or post, each with a different link to your website. This way you can create more varied and attractive content for users, who can view the carousel by moving their finger or clicking on the arrows.
How to create a photo sequence on Facebook?
To make a photo stream on Facebook, you have two options: from your page or from the ads manager. These are the basic steps you should follow:
- Go to your Facebook page and click Promote and then in Get more visits to the website .
- In the frame Description , write a text that describes your ad.
- Click Select media files and choose or upload the images or videos you want to appear in the carousel. You can put up to ten elements, each one with a different link.
- Drag the elements to order them as you prefer and put text in each box Title .
- Choose a phrase for the button that will take users to your website. You can use different URLs for each element.
- If necessary, select the option Special Ad Category and configure the Hearing , the Duration and the Daily budget of your ad.
This way, you can create a varied and eye-catching ad that shows your products or services in a sequence format.
Facebook carousel ads are an excellent alternative to reach a broader audience, promote your products or services in a different way and, without a doubt, meet each of your commercial objectives.
Written by Moises Hamui Abadi : I am an entrepreneur, founding partner of Viceversa and SoyMacho. After leading several digital businesses and advising several other businesses; I decided to form MHA Consulting, a digital marketing consultancy dedicated to growing and enhancing digital businesses in more than 7 countries and generating more than 1,500 million pesos.