What to expect and how to prepare for the Hot Sale 2022?
Are you ready to sell in Hot Sale? In this blog we share the expectations that Google and AMVO have about this event in 2022, who classify it as "a great opportunity, which estimates growth in E-commerce turnover of +13.5%".
Additionally, we attach a checklist of actions that you must take into account to be ready for this sales season.
Expectation for Hot Sale 2022
In 2021, the Hot Sale represented +4% of E-commerce revenue in the year, Google estimates that the growth in E-commerce billing for this year will be +13.5%, this metric is closely linked to the increase in awareness of the event, which has increased 5x from 2017 to 2022.
Relevant data from AMVO and Google
- The audience most interested in buying during Hot Sale is from 35 to 44 years old, the age group from 25 to 34 turned out to be the biggest buyer last year, however, the interest received for 2022 is 29% lower than the previous year.
- On the other hand, users between the ages of 45 and 54 could see growth of 21% this year.
- Men could be more interested, 57% of them would be considering making a purchase during this discount season.
- The Central and Southeast region of the country stands out from the national average in interest in participating in the campaign.
- 9 out of 10 potential buyers will have interaction with a digital channel, before and during the purchase.
- 86% of potential buyers will only interact with digital channels to decide and buy during Hot Sale, since 60% of users consider that they find better promotions and discounts on the Internet, 55% because they can compare prices and 49% for payment facilities.
- Spending is expected to be greater than or equal to 2021, where more than 50% was allocated to clothing, footwear, electronics in general, cell phones, and computers (according to Google).
Here important data on the categories of greatest interest for 2022, as well as the preferred channels to make purchases in this period:
What should you have ready for the Hot Sale? previous checklist
Distribution of budgets by channel and campaign: In addition to having a general budget, you must take into account what budget you are going to allocate to each of your campaigns, considering the expense/historical cost and results of each one.
Mailing strategy: Consider that during this period all brands (including your competition) will be sending informative emails with promotions. It is important that you either optimize or integrate mail flows , for example, if a user did not open your mail the first time, keep trying different subjects and sending different mails every 2-3 days.
Announcements: Have your ads ready and scheduled prior to the event , this will save you a lot of programming and review time on the platforms, especially on Facebook.
Promotions: At this point you must be very clear about your purchase incentives, additionally we suggest you monitor your competition to find out the discounts they will offer.
Start looking at big brands like Amazon: Amazon has had a Hot Sale 2022 landing page active for a few days, in which it has begun to communicate warm-up messages, you can take the reference to have your own landing page or to start communicating them on your social media.
- Customize everything: Consider the content that will have to be on your site, cart recovery emails, welcome emails, coupons and social networks.
On your marks, set: Don't forget to check one day before that your entire site works correctly, check that the pixels are correctly recording events, payment methods, correct connection with Google Analytics, Google Ads, Facebook; your catalog in Merchant Center, stock, promotions, coupons, etc.
- Take into account the metrics for your segmentations: Consider the metrics from official sources such as the ones we offered you in the first section on purchase expectations, in addition to the historical data of your customers, with which you can rely to formulate adequate segmentations in your campaigns and perfect those that are working best for you today.
Remember that the success of this temporality lies in planning. In this Hot Sale the expectations are wide and the strategy you implement will depend on whether or not you are among the companies that bill +13.5% this season.
If you want to go deeper into the subject or require some advice, at MHA you will find the best solutions , because my commitment is to guide you in the best way in this highly competitive digital age.