Facebook pixel: What is it, how does it work and how to install it?
Did you know that you can optimize the results of your advertising campaigns and maximize sales with the help of the Facebook Pixel? Find out how in this article.
What is the Facebook Pixel?
Additionally, it helps us measure the effectiveness of our Facebook Ads campaigns and build more targeted audiences.
As you may have noticed, the main function of the Facebook Pixel is to understand user behavior in great detail , in order to later take advantage of this information in a more strategic way and thus build more effective ads.
Now, within the analysis we can find very detailed information on the following points:
- The number of visits made to your website or online store
- How many users have purchased a product or service
- What stage of the buying process are they in?
- What articles or themes caught your attention the most?
- How they interact with your website
- How many filled out a contact form (leads)
- How many users added a product to the shopping cart
- How many users did not complete the purchase
- How many conversions your Facebook ads generated and their cost
How does the Facebook Pixel work?
Every time a user visits and interacts with your website or comes into contact with your Facebook ads, the Facebook pixel will be activated and it will start recording all the actions that are carried out and will store them in the event manager.
In this way, all behavior patterns will be recorded and available to you.
A great advantage of the Facebook Pixel is that the more conversions or actions are carried out on the website, the platform will optimize the processes of sending ads to profiles with a greater conversion opportunity, which translates into more effective and automated publications. .
Benefits that I can obtain with the Facebook Pixel
Generate more sales
The Facebook pixel allows you to set up automated bids to reach users who are more likely to convert.
Track and measure conversions
Thanks to the Pixel we can better understand the impact of our posts on Facebook and know which ones are getting the best results.
Get to know our Buyer Persona better
The information obtained will allow you to understand and build more detailed profiles , which will later translate into defined audiences.
Create custom audiences
Based on the study of actions and, of course, the analysis of each user's behavior, you will be able to build unique profiles with specific objectives.
Design Lookalike Audiences
The collected data analysis will also help you identify users with the same tastes, interests, and demographics. This action will allow you to increase your potential customer base.
Do retargeting or remarketing
Once the Facebook Pixel has detected users who have been in contact with your website and shown some interest, but for some reason did not convert, the same tool helps us target specific ads to complete those transactions.
Calculate the return on investment of each of your ads by assigning an economic value.
Access more Facebook Ads tools and metrics
To track certain metrics, such as cost per lead or cost per conversion, the Facebook Pixel will be your best ally.
How to install the Facebook Pixel?
In order to install the Facebook Pixel and obtain the best results, it is necessary to have two basic things: A web page or online store and have access to the code configuration of your site.
It is necessary to clarify this point because many users think that it can be installed on other Facebook and Instagram accounts and the reality is not. In short, it only works for websites.
Once you make sure you have these elements, the next step is to create the Pixel.
Create the Facebook Pixel
- Within your advertising account ( Facebook ) enter the "Business Facebook " section and identify the Facebook Ads Manager
- Click on the symbol (≡)
- Select Event Manager
- Click on the + symbol, you will identify it by its green and white colors
- Click Connect Data Sources
- It will open three options ( Web, App, Offline )
- Select Web and click the Start button
- Select the Facebook Pixel option and click connect
- It will ask you to give your Pixel a name
- In the next field it will ask you to check the website
- Enter the URL of your website and click Continue
- The platform will generate a code for you (Facebook pixel)
Add the Facebook Pixel to your site
- Select the Event Manager again
- Select the Pixel to configure (the one you previously created)
- Click Continue Pixel setup
- Select Install code manually
- Copy the Pixel codebase
- Locate the website header or header template on your web platform or CMS
- Paste the code just above the closing </head> tag
- Click Continue
How to know if the Facebook Pixel was installed correctly?
To make sure that the Pixel is working correctly, I recommend that you install the Facebook Pixel Helper extension in your Chrome browser, you will notice the </> icon on the side of the search engine. Click on it and it will give you all the information you need to know.
Once you have successfully created and installed the Facebook Pixel , you must activate the type of event you want to start recording. Remember that an “event” is the specific action that a user takes on your website. For example: buy a product, download content, fill out a form, etc.
Currently the Facebook Pixel offers you a couple of event configurations, which are: “Standard Events” and “Custom Events”. It all depends on the results you want to get.
With standardized events you can measure events such as purchase, add payment information, add to cart, add to wish list, etc., while with custom ones you can obtain more precise and detailed information, in order to reach specific audiences.
If you want to know more about the subject in MHA you will find the solution you need.