Facebook Lead Ads: What it is and how to create them
Capturing leads is one of the main digital marketing strategies to attract and retain potential customers and for this reason, Facebook has become an essential tool for companies for this objective.
Learn what Facebook Leads Ads is and how it can help you create a lead base easily.
What is Facebook Leads Ads?
Facebook Lead Ads are advertising ads whose main objective is to obtain valuable information in a dynamic way. That is, they facilitate the exchange of data between users and brands without the need to direct to a landing page.
This means that Facebook Lead Ads allows direct capture ofleads within the same platform, which translates into information ready and available to you.
Its operation is similar to that of a traditional contact form , since it allows the user to fill out certain predefined fields with the information that brands and/or companies request.
The difference and undoubtedly the great advantage with this type of advertisement is that it facilitates conversion, since for example, when a user clicks on the advertisement, their data will automatically appear in the contact form, all in order to give them security and pro activity, since the information is obtained from your profile.
Part of the Facebook Lead Ads strategy is that they are aimed at audiences that use mobile devices, for this reason, they offer a fairly friendly user experience, since they are designed so that with a couple of clicks they meet their objective.
Why should you invest in Facebook Lead Ads?
If you want to generateleads easily and quickly on Facebook and Instagram, we recommend that you try Facebook Lead Ads. This tool has several advantages, such as:
- Lower price per lead : By simplifying the acquisition process, you can get cheaper leads than with other types of ads.
- Automatic data filling : Facebook completes the form with the data it has about the user, such as their name, email or telephone number. This means that the user does not have to type anything and improves their experience.
- Adaptation of questions : you can customize the form according to your objectives and needs, adding the questions that interest you for your business. For example, you can ask about the level of interest, availability, budget, etc.
- Less form abandonment : By not having to leave Facebook to fill out the form, the user is prevented from getting lost or tired of waiting for the page to load. This improves the conversion rate and reduces the bounce rate.
- Connection with your CRM : You can integrate Facebook Lead Ads with your customer management system, so that leads are sent automatically and you can track them effectively.
Disadvantages of Facebook Lead Ads
Some of the drawbacks of Facebook Lead Ads are:
- Lead quality : by making the acquisition process easier, it is possible that some users complete the form without having a real interest or need for your product or service. This can affect the quality of the leads and the subsequent conversion rate.
- Dependence on Facebook : By not having your own website or landing page , you are completely dependent on Facebook to collect and manage lead data. This means that you must respect the platform's rules and policies, and that you may lose access to leads if there is a technical or legal problem.
- Format limitations : When using a Facebook-integrated form, you cannot use all the visual and persuasive elements that you could use on a web page or landing page of your own. For example, you cannot use videos, testimonials, guarantees, calls to action, etc. This can decrease the impact and trust you generate in users.
What is the difference between Facebook Leads Ads and Facebook Ads?
The difference between Facebook lead generation ads and Facebook ads lies in what you want to achieve with your campaign.
If you want to obtain the contact information of users interested in your product or service, you can use lead generation ads, which allow them to fill out a form without leaving Facebook.
If you want users to take a specific action such as visiting your website, purchasing something, or watching a video, you can use conversion ads, which direct them to an external page.
Lead generation ads may have a higher conversion rate because they are easier and faster for the user, but conversion ads can attract more qualified users willing to buy.
To choose the right type of ad for your business, you must consider your goals, your audience, and your budget.
What is Instagram Leads Ads?
Instagram lead generation ads are an advertising option that allows you to obtain contact information for users who are interested in your offer.
These ads are seen in the Instagram feed or stories and have a button that opens a form with the user's data already filled out. Thus, you can get leads without the user leaving the app.
They are perfect for attracting the attention of your target audience, increasing awareness of your brand and creating demand for your business.
To make these types of ads, you must have a business account on Instagram and connect it to your Facebook page. You must also establish your goal, your audience, your budget and your design. Instagram lead generation ads can come in different formats, such as carousel photos, retargeting for Facebook campaigns, or standard sponsored.
What is the difference between Facebook Lead Ads and Google Ads?
Facebook Lead Ads and Google Ads are two online advertising platforms that have different characteristics and objectives. The main difference between them is the type of audience they reach and the way the ads are displayed.
Facebook Lead Ads is a tool that allows you to create forms within Facebook and Instagram to attract potential customers without needing to have a website or landing page.
Ads are shown to people who may be interested in your product or service, based on their demographics, interests, behaviors, and connections. Users can fill out the form with a single click, as Facebook auto-populates the data with the information it has about the user.
This makes the process faster, easier and more comfortable for the user and for you.
Google Ads is a tool that allows you to create text ads that appear in Google search results when someone searches for a keyword related to your business.
Ads are shown to people who have an intention to purchase or search for information about your product or service, depending on the keywords you choose.
Users have to click on the ad and be directed to your website or landing page, where you will have to convince them to leave their data or take an action.
The differences between Facebook Lead Ads and Google Ads are:
- Audience Type : Facebook Lead Ads are based on the user's profile and interests, while Google Ads is based on the user's search intent.
- Ad format : Facebook Lead Ads allows you to use images and embedded forms, while Google Ads only allows you to use text and external links.
- Cost per lead : Facebook Lead Ads usually have a cheaper cost per lead, as it reduces the friction and steps for the user to leave their data. Google Ads usually has a higher cost per click, as it depends on the competition for the keywords and the quality of the landing page.
- Customizing questions : Facebook Lead Ads allows you to customize the form questions based on your goals and needs, while Google Ads does not allow you to ask the user questions within the ad.
How to create a Facebook Leads Ads form? Step by Step
To create a Facebook Lead Ads campaign and form for your business, you must follow these steps:
- Create a Facebook page for your business, if you don't already have one.
- Access the Facebook Ads Manager and select the Lead Generation objective .
- Choose your target audience , that is, the people you want to reach with your ads. You can use the targeting criteria offered by Facebook, such as location, age, gender, interests, etc. You can also create custom or lookalike audiences from your current customers or website visitors.
- Choose the format and content of your ads. You can use images, videos or carousels to showcase your product or service. You should also write attractive text and a call to action that invites the user to fill out the form.
- Set a budget and duration for your campaign. You can choose how much you want to spend per day or for the entire campaign, and how long you want your ads to show.
- Review and publish your campaign. Before publishing, you can preview how your ads will look on different devices and platforms.
Written by Moises Hamui Abadi : I am an entrepreneur, founding partner of Viceversa and SoyMacho. After leading several digital businesses and advising several other businesses; I decided to form MHA Consulting, a digital marketing consultancy dedicated to growing and enhancing digital businesses in more than 7 countries and generating more than 1,500 million pesos.
If you want more information on this topic or are looking for other options to profile your ideal client, at MHA you will find the solution you need. Schedule a call.