Google Trends: What is it and how to use it?
Google Trends is a search tool that helps to find out how often a particular search term is entered. This is done in relation to the total search volume of the site during a given period of time.
Likewise, this Google tool is used to investigate the comparison of keywords (keywords) and to find out peaks derived from events (such as a concert, festival, party, among others) in the search volume of keywords.
Simply put, with Google Trends we can find out what the world is looking for .
While, at the same time, we have the possibility of taking advantage of data, statistics and resources to create content or nurture our marketing strategies.
Benefits of Google Trends
Google Trends is a tool with multiple benefits and advantages. If you want to know them, we invite you to read each of them below
- It's totally free. It is a free tool from Google that offers information, data and resources without having to pay for it. In addition, it is easily accessible for everyone.
- Complete segmentation. The segmentation of this tool is one of the most complete you can find. No matter how specific you want to be, with Google Trends you will be able to find the data you are looking for.
- Use of variables in the search. In addition to the segmentation, you can use other settings of the tool to obtain the data you are looking for; from establishing a time frame, to the channels in which you want to find the information.
- It offers accurate information and data. It is natural that the data is real and accurate, since it is Google that offers this tool. Without a doubt, it is a platform that presents an accurate and reliable vision.
- Keywords comparison. It is, perhaps, one of the best benefits and advantages that this tool can have. You can place two keywords to see the statistics and data that they handle through a comparison. This helps you to know the individual and collective performance.
How to use Google Trends step by step?
Before we begin, we must take into account that Google Trends only measures the popularity of keywords instead of the volume or amount of search for them.
In other words, this is how the platform itself explains it: "Each data point is divided by the total searches for the geography and the time range it represents, to compare relative popularity . "
Once knowing this detail, we will learn how to take the first steps in Google Trends.
- Enter any keyword in the Google Trends search bar.
- After the search, you can choose whether to see general information of the keyword or only in your country.
- If you want to perform a comparison between two keywords, add a second keyword and run your search again.
- You can make a breakdown of the information by sub-region.
Recover all the data that you consider important to carry out your research work.
In itself, Google Trends is a fairly intuitive tool and platform. Therefore, it will not be a problem to carry out the search and collection work.
There are different ways to use it, all according to the purposes and ends that are had. Google Trends can be used to:
- Find current issues.
- Identify seasonal trends.
- Schedule Google Shopping ads by season.
- Optimize SEO strategies.
- Monitor the competition.
5 tips to use Google Trends in your business strategy
Below, you will learn 5 tips with which you can improve your business or marketing strategies with the help of Google Trends.
- Content Marketing and SEO. You can use Google Trends to find out what users in your target market are looking for information about. From this scenario, you can create relevant and useful content to drive traffic to your website. This strategy will help organic positioning and improve SEO .
- Creativity in ads and campaigns. In Google Trends you can find out what topics are in vogue for everyone. This will help you integrate references to popular trends and content, which will boost the creativity and validity of a brand or company.
- Create the best titles before anyone else. With Google Trends you can find the most searched keywords and create attractive titles for your posts. Also, with the help of this tool, you can create tentative headlines and search for them on Google Trends to see which one would have the best positioning results.
- Get the best keywords. By using a tool like Google Trends, you will be able to know and use the best keywords before anyone else. Discover recent keywords that no one has used yet.
- Analyze related searches. When you search for a keyword in Google Trends, it will also automatically show you which are the related searches. Sometimes these related words can be a potential keyword for the future. This tool can help you stay one step ahead of your competition.
Schedule a call with MHA and let us advise you so you can achieve your sales goals.