How to improve conversion rate (CRO)
The main objective of any website is to get enough traffic and a significant interaction of its customers with the content, material and products.
The percentage of users who carry out this type of action (such as subscribing to periodic content, downloading material, completing forms or buying products, among others) is part of the so-called conversion rate or CRO.
What is sought, in most strategies, is always to raise this percentage through various action plans.
However, improving the conversion rate is usually not as simple as it sounds, although it is not complicated either. It requires a lot of perseverance on the part of the company and its means.
If you want to learn more about the conversion rate and how to improve it, we recommend you continue reading the article we have for you.
What is the conversion rate?
The conversion rate is a type of metric used to quantify and describe (qualitatively) the effectiveness of a campaign or marketing plan. As mentioned at the beginning, conversions are all those actions in which the client or user participates, such as:
- Make a purchase.
- Fill out forms.
- Subscribe to the newsletter .
- Share your email.
- Account registration.
- Lead generation.
- Content downloads.
- Service subscriptions.
This rate can be based on any previously established action plan. It is important to know and take into account the conversion rate, since it can help to improve (or configure) the necessary aspects.
Benefits of improving the conversion rate
Maintenance and investment to improve the conversion rate brings various benefits and advantages over the competition. Next, you will know what are the main positive points of improving your conversion rate.
- Improve ROI. This is one of the main benefits, since marketing activities and investments are optimized. In this sense, the results of the investment made can be maximized.
- Improves the profitability of the processes. Profit margins are optimized by increasing the conversion rate, since additional costs are not used and you work with what you have.
- Customer satisfaction improves . As the conversion rate increases, the user experience also increases. We can then say that it is an efficient and effective process, since the relationship with customers is strengthened.
- The target audience is better known. Conversion patterns say a lot about audience characteristics . For this reason, user preferences tend to be much more noticeable, favoring people's knowledge and, therefore, improving processes.
- Increase in sales and income. Naturally, the more the conversion rate rises, it can be translated into an improvement in the sales of the products or contracting of the company's services.
Why do I need to improve the conversion rate?
Improving the conversion rate is important to raise positive sales and profit statistics. In this sense, the better the conversion rate, the higher the return on investment, which will help maximize marketing activities.
On the other hand, it is necessary to improve this rate because it can benefit us in other aspects, such as:
- Optimization and efficiency of processes. Within the framework of the nature of the processes, these will be partially benefited, since they will constantly be optimized to meet the established purposes. In other words, the optimization of these processes will help to identify and work on obstacles that arise at the time of customer conversion.
- Competitiveness. Within the market, the conversion rate will allow a business or company to have an advantage and difference over another. In this sense, the higher the percentage of converted customers, a competitive advantage will be obtained within the market.
How to improve the conversion rate?
There are various methods, techniques and strategies to improve the conversion rate. Next, we will present you which are the most efficient practices.
- Add social proof to your website. People like everything to have been pre-tested by someone else. For this reason, it is important to incorporate reviews and comments from users who have already tried the product. This type of practice appeals to the desire of 97% of consumers, who look at reviews before purchasing a product.
- Reduce the size of the forms. Try to make this type of instrument much shorter, since users give up the attempt or intention to fill them out. Try to ask for the most essential information. Also, try to keep it short and engaging.
- Improve the design and usability of the website. It should be kept with a simple and intuitive interface that is easy to navigate. Likewise, it is desired to optimize the purchasing processes. The fewer steps, the better.
- Use creative CTAs. Also known as Call To Action or Calls to action , they are buttons that indicate an action that the user must follow; from signing up for the newsletter to creating a profile on the site. These buttons help convince users to take some action.
- Optimize the content. Quality content is important to users, as it responds to customer needs or interests. Also, you can choose to create evergreen content, which stays relevant after a long time and needs less maintenance.
Conversion rate improvement will help you meet your goals quickly and efficiently. Likewise, this metric allows you to obtain information and data on the effectiveness of a campaign or strategy. It should be mentioned that the conversion rate varies depending on the objectives and type of business you have.
Written by Moises Hamui Abadi : I am an entrepreneur, founding partner of Viceversa and SoyMacho. After being in charge of several digital businesses and advising several other businesses; I decided to form MHA Consulting, a digital marketing consultancy dedicated to growing and empowering digital businesses in more than 7 countries and generating more than 1,500 million pesos.
If you want more information on this topic or you are looking for other options to profile your ideal client, at MHA you will find the solution you need. Schedule a call.